PlanetSide 2

Will EU get 21st 3x sale?

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
ukdave wrote:psg are not bothered whether you change to US servers or not because whether you stay or switch the parent company is still getting the money from you at the end of the day.

its like you going to buy a pair of shoes in blue..and threatening to buy red ones from them if they dont have blue..they are laughing at us.


I think they will be because at some point. Sony is going to wonder why there are so many complaints and why they are not getting the expected profits yet have the required number of people playing.
Yukio Mishima wrote:…we, never seeking power and giving no thought to personal advancement, go forth to certain death to become the foundation stones for the Restoration.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
the complaints on here fall on deaf ears so sony wont even know if theres a problem until its too late..and tbh its not even pocket money to sony from what they make on here.

as i posted before,the player base will dwindle away before its fixed,once again EU is treated like a 3rd world country.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:38 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
Before this, the EU forums were very quiet. No Devs here and few posts.

This 10+ pager plus the other threads show how it dwarves all other issues. And yet, there are barely a couple of sarcastic posts by Pro7 in response. You would have thought there would have been a stream of customer engagement to calm this down. If not addressing customer concerns then at least acknowledging them or even a "read by a Dev" style comment.

No comments here, and no comments on the SOE boards where this topic has sprung up too.

If I could be bothered, I would swap to a SOE account. I followed up on someones advice to to do a google search of ProSieben, SOE and their handling of other games and was even more despondant. So while rather than move to SOE, and the hassle of that, I think I'll just detatch myself from the game and hope the situation changes. Pop back and see how things go but off back to World of Tanks, GW2 and a couple of other games I play instead.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
Hi again,

well, not all of you seem to have read the already given answers so here we go again:
Rwyn wrote:Just to make sure everyone understands that: PSG will do promotions. We just do not announce them weeks before they're taking place so you have to stay tuned and you'll have to have a regular look onto our pages. This also doesn't mean we will do the offer on Dec 21 - maybe there will be a promotion ealier or later the year - who knows?

Some of you are upset because you don't know what will happen. I fully understand that this is something which might unsettle - but it's nothing to worry or to discuss about since you still don't know if there will be a Triple SC event taking place or not. After Dec 21 this would be a discussible topic if we wouldn't take part. But: It's absolutely not necessary to know about an SC event before such an event takes place - as long as you have a regular look to our pages. And sorry to all who'd like to refuse this: You'll miss events. Be part of the community and you'll know about these events - either by our pages or by other players.

Anyway: I'm allowed to tell you here in this thread that we'll take part on this event. So European players also will have a Triple SC event on Dec 21 and this will be officially announced Dec 20th in the evenings.

Best,
Rwy'n

PS: Just to answer at least one more posting separately: @Extirpator: None of the postings before was sarcastic in any direction.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:28 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
Thank you,

I am sorry this has been so traumatic and glad for everyone this is resolved. I imagine it was worse in this instance as it was a first situation and now more confidence and trust is established should be more rosy in future.

Merry Christmas :-)
Last edited by Extirpator on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
That is good news.

I hope that you will seriously consider matching all of SoE's offers because as I said in the other thread, we're on the same servers, same game and players influence each other. If we are not treated the same way, it will look like favoritism. This won't sit well with anyone. The problem is that we often have to go to the .COM website to get information that isn't on the .EU website which means we'll be exposed to information that isn't necessarily meant for us but it will apply to the game we play regardless. It doesn't feel good at all being left out on something and then being told we'll get something similar some day.

The only way to prevent this as much as possible is by either mirroring their website to the letter or by producing your own events as soon as you know SoE is coming up with one.

If we had played on separate servers and never saw SoE crowd it would make perfect sense to not match them but you just can't do it from a PR point of view if you ask me.
Yukio Mishima wrote:…we, never seeking power and giving no thought to personal advancement, go forth to certain death to become the foundation stones for the Restoration.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:43 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
I think part of the problem Rwy'n is not the message you mean to convey, but they way you're saying it. While I understand that English is not your first language, that doesn't excuse the way you've posted.

As your customers we expect to receive the same level of community engagement as those in the US, whatever the company. We all saw that US members were getting this promotion, and many of us have also seen the '12 Days of Christmas' posts that SOE has been running. Rather than people "picking on" ProSiebenSat, the negative response to this is more a display of anxiety that we have be disadvantaged for creating an EU account.

Your responses have, whether you mean them to or not have come across as a bit unprofessional.

If you don't feel well in Europe please migrate over to the USA (I don't mean your account).


This is a silly response, which appears to say "If you are not happy with the company providing your online game, move continents."

It's absolutely not necessary to know about an SC event before such an event takes place


This too is demonstrably wrong. People will be investing money on the 21st to take advantage of this offer. People will also want to budget their expenses in the run up to Christmas. If you want to maximise your profits from a promotion such as this you need to give people advanced warning so they can prepare. More notice is better, not less.

I'm happy to see that we will be included in the promotion, but I think many people would appreciate if you used a bit more judgement in the way you communicate with us.
Last edited by Squidshank on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
SonyRaptor wrote:That is good news.

I hope that you will seriously consider matching all of SoE's offers because as I said in the other thread, we're on the same servers, same game and players influence each other. If we are not treated the same way, it will look like favoritism. This won't sit well with anyone. The problem is that we often have to go to the .COM website to get information that isn't on the .EU website which means we'll be exposed to information that isn't necessarily meant for us but it will apply to the game we play regardless. It doesn't feel good at all being left out on something and then being told we'll get something similar some day.

The only way to prevent this as much as possible is by either mirroring their website to the letter or by producing your own events as soon as you know SoE is coming up with one.

If we had played on separate servers and never saw SoE crowd it would make perfect sense to not match them but you just can't do it from a PR point of view if you ask me.


Hi,

no, we won't match all SOEs promotions to PSG. Like SOE won't do all the things we're doing we won't do all the things SOE will do. It'll be freely up to you to decide if you like that or not. How I said: We're different companies - and we'll act like different companies normally do - although we'll have find many ways to act together we'll have also more and more ways to act different. And that's nothing bad. It's just different.

Rwy'n

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
Rwyn
Community Manager

Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Munich, German

I love Rwyns info. He must be the devil with that number of posts. i bet you he waited untill post number 666 to acutally annaounce the sale! :D

Anyway thank you Rwyn for pulling through.

Feedback for later occasions on promotions:

Try to communicate with SOE a bit more regarding when you announce promotions that you both are going to run, so you avoid these kinds of forumstorms. I get your idea about announcing them the day before, to keep people to check in on the forums every day, but try to have sony do the same in that case. I pressume you get my point with this.

Hope you can deliver that to the higher up people in PSG :)

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:58 pm Subject: Re: Will EU get 21st 3x sale? Top
Squidshank wrote:I think part of the problem Rwy'n is not the message you mean to convey, but they way you're saying it. While I understand that English is not your first language, that doesn't excuse the way you've posted.

As your customers we expect to receive the same level of community engagement as those in the US, whatever the company. We all saw that US members were getting this promotion, and many of us have also seen the '12 Days of Christmas' posts that SOE has been running. Rather than people "picking on" ProSiebenSat, the negative response to this is more a display of anxiety that we have be disadvantaged for creating an EU account.

Your responses have, whether you mean them to or not have come across as a bit unprofessional.

If you don't feel well in Europe please migrate over to the USA (I don't mean your account).


This is a silly response, which appears to say "If you are not happy with the company providing your online game, move continents."

It's absolutely not necessary to know about an SC event before such an event takes place


This too is demonstrably wrong. People will be investing money on the 21st to take advantage of this offer. People will also want to budget their expenses in the run up to Christmas. If you want to maximise your profits from a promotion such as this you need to give people advanced warning so they can prepare. More notice is better, not less.

I'm happy to see that we will be included in the promotion, but I think many people would appreciate if you a bit more cautious of the way you communicate with us.


Hi again,

please be so kind and read the full context of my messages you're quoting. Then you'll see that there is no point of sarcasm in my answer as well there's nothing silly about - just explaining reality.

If I'm wrong with my answer "It's absolutely not necessary to know about an SC event before such an event takes place" is a point of view:
From a companys point of view the company has to take care that every player who wants to know about such an event will have the chance to know about as soon as it's taking place. There is no reason for a company to announce this beforehand.
From a customers point of view of course it's nice to know beforehand if such an event is taking place. But please also reconsider what I wrote
Rwyn wrote:Be part of the community and you'll know about these events - either by our pages or by other players.


Feel free to contact me via forum message if you want to have further ongoing discussions on that topic. :)


dannesyd wrote:Rwyn
Community Manager

Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 pm
Location: Munich, German

I love Rwyns info. He must be the devil with that number of posts. i bet you he waited untill post number 666 to acutally annaounce the sale! :D

Anyway thank you Rwyn for pulling through.

Feedback for later occasions on promotions:

Try to communicate with SOE a bit more regarding when you announce promotions that you both are going to run, so you avoid these kinds of forumstorms. I get your idea about announcing them the day before, to keep people to check in on the forums every day, but try to have sony do the same in that case. I pressume you get my point with this.

Hope you can deliver that to the higher up people in PSG :)


Haha! No, I even didn't recognize that yet :D I'll address all the feedback from the forums to the responsible people ;)

Rwy'n
Last edited by Desmonemo on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: nicht mit usern über revenue sprechen

PreviousNext

Return to General Feedback & Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests