PlanetSide 2

Planetside 2 Disconnects my Internet

Do you have questions about installation or problems starting the game? Then you’ve come to the right place. Our knowledge database or contact to the support can be found under http://PlanetSide2.eu/ under “support“.
Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:02 pm Subject: Planetside 2 Disconnects my Internet Top
My (wireless) internet connection has ran fine up until now, whenever i start planetside 2 (well, the launcher) my internet stops working and i have to go down to my taskbar, disconnect from my hub, reconnect and it works fine, the launcher loads up i can log in and play.

But its quite an annoying thing to have to do every time i want to play and would like to fix it, i tried disabling UPnP and that doesnt fix it.

Its only planetside 2 that does this.

It might have something to do with this Awesomium process that the launcher starts up, but i have no technical experience so that means nothing.

Any help is appreciated!

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:49 pm Subject: Re: Planetside 2 Disconnects my Internet Top
Hi,

hmm it´s a mysteri issue. I don´t know, I´ll ask for it and come back soon ;)

Post Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 pm Subject: Re: Planetside 2 Disconnects my Internet Top

Ive also posted a thread on these forums;

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/inde ... net.55366/

it got a bit more attention but still no one knows the fix yet, but there are others with my same issue.

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 am Subject: Re: Planetside 2 Disconnects my Internet Top
Hm, is your Windows installation virus free?
Yukio Mishima wrote:…we, never seeking power and giving no thought to personal advancement, go forth to certain death to become the foundation stones for the Restoration.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm Subject: Re: Planetside 2 Disconnects my Internet Top
Hi,

PlanetSide 2 crashes internet service

This is a known issue with CGD24G, CGD24N and CGD3000 wireless cable gateways. This often occurs when doing any actions that require groups or joining chat channels. The router disagrees with the traffic and reacts by power cycling itself, cutting off the user's internet and crashing the game. This issue can be avoided by disabling voice chat. Please report this problem to the manufacturer and check the device for any firmware updates.

So you´ve to wait until it will be resolved.

Return to General technical support topics