PlanetSide 2

NVIDIA Graphic settings

Post Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:56 pm Subject: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
Hello,

I'd like to know whether there is a preferred setting through the NVIDIA Manage 3D settings page, specifically for Planetside 2. I have a rather low end computer and I play on lowest settings + render @ 55%. I have just installed the newest beta nvidia driver (310.61), I noticed an increase in performance.

Now as mentioned before, I'd like to know whether one of you knows what best to do with the following settings:
(@ the program settings tab, you can manage settings per installed program. i.e. Planetside2.exe)
Another example:

Is there an ideal setting? I have everything @ default now. Let me know what settings give best performance.

Cya

A

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:31 am Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
For NVidia cards, there is one setting that's easy to change, has little graphical impact, and gives a solid performance boost.

Look for the "pre-rendered frames" (something along those lines), and set it to "1".
--> this will reduce the amount of work that gets done in advance. The result should be higher fps, but slightly more unstable fps.

Also, make sure "antialiasing - setting" and "anisotropic filtering" are both "application controlled" or "off".
--> these should never be set in de NVidia control panel when you're having performance issues. The result will be more jagged lines and a fuzzier picture when standing still, looking at one spot.

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:23 am Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
killbot5001 wrote:For NVidia cards, there is one setting that's easy to change, has little graphical impact, and gives a solid performance boost.

Look for the "pre-rendered frames" (something along those lines), and set it to "1".
--> this will reduce the amount of work that gets done in advance. The result should be higher fps, but slightly more unstable fps.

Also, make sure "antialiasing - setting" and "anisotropic filtering" are both "application controlled" or "off".
--> these should never be set in de NVidia control panel when you're having performance issues. The result will be more jagged lines and a fuzzier picture when standing still, looking at one spot.

Thank you, I'll give this a shot! I have a solid 25-30 FPS whenever I'm in areas with less people, but whenever I go to where the main fight is the FPS drops to 5-10.

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 pm Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
Awesome thanks dude, I will try it!

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 pm Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
Greyhardt wrote:
killbot5001 wrote:For NVidia cards, there is one setting that's easy to change, has little graphical impact, and gives a solid performance boost.

Thank you, I'll give this a shot! I have a solid 25-30 FPS whenever I'm in areas with less people, but whenever I go to where the main fight is the FPS drops to 5-10.

Confirmed, my FPS did jump up to a good 15 FPS in the same environment as mentioned above, so this does help. Thank you!

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 pm Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
What file has to be changed to find this : Look for the "pre-rendered frames" (something along those lines), and set it to "1".

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:14 am Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
I changed it this way:

Control panel -> NVIDIA Configuration -> Manage 3D settings -> Look up Planetside2.exe under program settings tab and change as mentioned above

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm Subject: Re: NVIDIA Graphic settings Top
make sure your se t to high performance mode and also ambient occulsion is set to off as well, might want to set to triliniar filtering too.

also make sure your profile for power management is set to high performance / always on. both in the nvidia panel and on your laptop / pc.

Return to Offtopic Discussion